Tuesday 20 May 2008

Matt's Guacamole

I made some Guacamole today and I have to say it was very good (even if I do say so myself) so thought I'd share the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 Avocados
1 Red Chili (seeds and pith removed)
2-3 Vine-Tomatoes
1/2 a small Red Onion
1 clove of Garlic sliced (I used Green Garlic, but would probably use 1/2 a clove of regular Garlic)
A handful of chopped Coriander
A squeeze of Lemon
Salt (Malden Salt if you can) and Freshly Milled Black Pepper

Instructions:

Finely chop the Chili, Tomatoes, Red Onion and Garlic and place in a mixing bowl. Scoop out the Avocados’ flesh, mash in a bowl, and then mix with the rest of the ingredients. Throw in the Coriander, season liberally with Salt and Pepper and add Lemon juice to taste. Serve with Pittas or Tortilla Chips.

No comments: